Wednesday, June 13, 2007

SAVE THE MUSIC


Hey bitches! It's....WEDNESDAY!

Just a very, very "quick" post tonight ("Kev" has homework, unfortunately).

Okay, first piece of business...

Who likes GEORGE MICHAEL?!; We are taking a poll, so "we" appreciate YOUR input. George Michael's "25 Live" tour is currently in progress in Europe. "Kev's Corner" was contacted EXCLUSIVELY to poll our readers (all 9 of you) to determine the following... If George came to YOUR town, would you make a point to see him perform? All kidding aside, a friend was asked by her friend (who is a concert promoter) to pick up her chartreuse phone, call all her "gays," and get some feedback. So let us know YOUR thoughts!

Next up... What's this I am hearing about a "gay bomb?" Have you heard of it? While I do not know all of the details, it is supposed to make the enemy gay. (Where are they detonating these?)

What's going on with immigration? Someone want to tackle that topic and get back to us? (I, I mean "we," would appreciate it.)

Can you tell I am in a hurry tonight? (Sorry...)

Everyone knows "Kev" was in Chicago over the weekend to catch Stevie Nicks and Chris Isaak perform at the Charter One Pavilion (which I promised not to write anymore about). BUT, before the show, "Kev" entered a "SAVE THE MUSIC" raffle. On Monday, "Kev" got a call from Charter One indicating that I, again, I mean "he," WON an iPod Nano. Because I was attending the show with someone who is somewhat of a story teller, i.e., liar (why mince words), I was certain when I got the call that it was just him putting someone up to it to get a rise out of me. (I wasn't very nice to the lady on the phone who was "lucky" enough to announce my prize.) Anyhoo, the iPod Nano arrived today! YAY! SAVE THE MUSIC! (I called the lady at Charter One this evening to both thank her and apologize to her...)

Finally, "we" just want to say to "Kev's Corner" friend, "Mr. P.," that we are sorry for your recent loss. "Mr. P.'s" faithful, longtime canine companion (of 14 and a half years) passed away yesterday. As "Mr. P." will tell you, Aggie-Roo lived a charmed life, traveling the world (literally) with "Mr. P." I met Aggie as well, she was very cute, and am very sorry to learn this news. Aggie had a great life - one most dogs aren't fortunate enough to have. I know many of you are animal lovers and can relate to this loss. A BIG "Corner" HUG to "Mr. P..."

I hope you all enjoy your Thursday!

Until next time,

"Kev"


20 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the help with the market research, kev! xo

7:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev/Kitten -
I would forcertainly see George Michael - when's he coming?
Mr. P -
Although I do not know you, I lost a dog a few years back too, so I feel your pain.
Land Lord (Lady) (Just call me Rich.)

8:00 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Kitten,
My pleasure!

Rich, sweetheart, he isn't coming yet - it's simply a poll. Good to know where you're at though (and what to get you for your birthday)!

8:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smart ass. Although we are making progress since you actually used my name. One other thing - please stop writing "hi land lady" with a smiley face in the memo section of your rent check.

8:20 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

I have been writing that for MONTHS! Did you just notice it? I will switch it up next time (for what may be the last time, can you believe it?).

8:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

: (

8:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. P.

So very sorry....

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I loved WHAM! in concert when I saw them back in '85. It was GR-EAT! I attended their concert the night before the first day of my senior year of high school. I saw them at Poplar Creek, a really fun outdoor music arena. Kev and I enjoyed a wonderful evening of Elton John at the very same venue. I remember some of it...it was kind of like my high school reunion.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Well, you have made progress my dear. At least you made it all the way home after the reunion before tossing your cookies! (Can't say that about the Elton John concert, now can we?) I will never forget you stepping on people's hands/fingers (accidentally, of course) while we made our way through the lawn section. That was awesome!

9:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

yeah rich!
thanks for participating in our market research. my friend is the booking manager for a major venue here in phoenix, and was wondering if george would still draw a crowd here (he's doing well in europe). he asked me to call "my gays" and check it out...kev was the obvious choice! the last thing my friend called me about were the cheetah girls and corbin bleu (disney channel kids)...THAT i know more about...he booked them and i'll have a car full of nine year old girls that night! :)

12:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

mr. p,
so sorry about the loss of your furry friend. go to a book store. find the book "dog heaven" by cynthia rylant (it's a picture book meant for kids, but i give it to all of my friends who lose a beloved pet...there's also a cat version). read it...it will make you feel better, guaranteed.
-kitten

12:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jitterbug [4X]

You put the boom-boom into my heart
You send my soul sky high when your lovin' starts
Jitterbug into my brain
Goes a bang-bang-bang 'til my feet do the same
But something's bugging you
Something ain't right
My best friend told me what you did last night
Left me sleepin' in my bed
I was dreaming, but I should have been with you instead.

Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah)

You take the grey skies out of my way
You make the sun shine brighter than Doris Day
Turned a bright spark into a flame
My beats per minute never been the same

'Cause you're my lady, I'm your fool
It makes me crazy when you act so cruel
Come on, baby, let's not fight
We'll go dancing, everything will be all right

Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not plannin'' on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
I wanna hit that high (yeah, yeah, baby)

(Jitterbug)
(Jitterbug)

Cuddle up, baby, move in tight
We'll go dancing tomorrow night
It's cold out there, but it's warm in bed
They can dance, we'll stay home instead

(Jitterbug)

Wake me up before you go-go
Don't leave me hanging on like a yo-yo
Wake me up before you go-go
I don't want to miss it when you hit that high
Wake me up before you go-go
'Cause I'm not plannin' on going solo
Wake me up before you go-go
Take me dancing tonight
Wake me up before you go-go, don't you dare to leave me hanging on like a
yo-yo
Take me dancing

(Boom-boom-boom)

3:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

KITTEN! If you have any kind of access to Corbin Blue (not chicken cordon bleu) do tell! I have a 12 year old daughter who thinks that he is da bomb!

9:27 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Does anyone like Zac Efron, besides me, of course?

Big Letter On Shirt -
THANKS for the lyrics (now I can't get that song out of my head!) THANKS, too, for "stoppin' in!"

6:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

apparently, corbin and the cheetahs will be here on tour in a few months. something about an ice show, which makes no sense to me, but whatever...anything on ice sounds good to me...it's 110 out here! i'll let you know when...you should come on out. kev would love it too!

9:07 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

They'll put anything on ice now-a-days, don't you think? (You crack me up.)

9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we went to Monsters, Inc on ice a few weeks ago. really cute, in a creepy way. it scared little monkey (jenna), but lil' kitty loved it!

10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev, thanks for the post. LL, Mr. D, Kitten thanks for the comments. It's been a long week. The drought in GA should be over from the tears shed.

And for the record... I would totally go see George Michael.

Have a great weekend everyone. MR. P

11:27 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

"We" hope you have a great weekend too... "We" are thinking about you. Please send the 4 digits of your house number (because they wanted $29.99 to get it online (along with your possible criminal history, credit report, marital status, college degree(s), most watched television shows, etc., etc..) and I just need the address.

11:44 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Princess did I see WHAM with you?

I think that might be the last time I would do it, judging from these photos. Paul McCartney and the Police are bad enough. But George Michael too??

Am I just getting too freaking OLD???

1:51 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter