Thursday, August 30, 2007

For Reasons Known To Them


Welcome BACK you mother-fathers (yes, that's slang for mother f*!@#&s). Don't you wish more people would "tell it like it is," like the CEO of Spirit Airlines. (You know that email snafu will cost the company $$$$).

How are you? I am f-i-n-e, fine, HOWEVER I seem to have a bad case of writer's block lately and I don't know why?

Yesterday marked the 2nd anniversary of Hurricane Katrina. As you know, Hurricane Katrina, a Category 5 hurricane, touched down in Louisiana and Mississippi in the early morning hours of August 29, 2005. The deadliest hurricane in U.S history since 1928 resulted in the deaths of 1,836 people and approximately $82 BILLION in damages. Today, New Orleans is still a war torn shit hole (I am paraphrasing - you've seen the footage.) (I'm giving you all of the details in case you want to cite "Kev's Corner" as a source the next time you write a paper or deliver a moving fund-raising speech on the topic. Make sure to say "war torn shit hole." It's effective and people will be so moved they will throw their quarters, if not dollars, your way.)

Real estate mogul Leona Helmsley (the "Queen of Mean") died, as you may have heard. The wacky bitch left $12 MILLION dollars to her DOG, that isn't even cute (nothing for those poor Katrina victims, AIDS relief, the John Edwards campaign, those hungry barefooted children in Africa, M.A.D.D., G.L.A.D., S.A.D., B.A.D. (I made that one up) you or me) and NOTHING to two of her grandchildren. Leona's last will & testament excluded the grandchildren "for reasons known to them." (Same language Joan Crawford used when she excluded her daughter Christina (a.k.a., wire hanger) and son Chris (who died of cancer recently). When I die, I want this verbiage in my will. "I leave nothing to no one for reasons known to them. Cuz I got nothin'. And no one. That's the reason. Except my autographed Stevie Nicks pictures, which I plan to take with me, and 27 pairs of 2XIST underwear." (Oh, this reminds me... "Kev" MAY reprise his role as Joan Crawford this Halloween (I love those crazy eyebrows and it's a chance to be super mean, which sounds like fun). I NEVER dressed like a woman until last year (just not my thing, but hey, I'm 40 now - time to give drag a try). Anyhoo, discussions are taking place and someone has offered to help transform me. It'll be like prom night. Except really scary. (Maybe I should go as "Carrie?") Or, how about Elizabeth Taylor, one of the Pussy Cat Dolls or Spider-Man. Isn't Halloween fun?

(This is practically how I look now anyway...I can't WAIT!)


I came across the two YouTube clips below and wanted to share them. I don't know if I am just delirious or if these really are funny, but they both cracked me up. I hope you will enjoy them too. Turn your speakers up loud and bust a move.





That's IT for today. Come back on Friday for another "HOT Guy" who hails from down under (nominated by a really nice reader I never met but hear is G-R-O-O-V-Y).

Love,

"Kev"

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know that if you become Joan, you must spend the evening saying my favorite line from the movie...it's the law!

10:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter