Thursday, August 23, 2007

That's Where The Fun Is!


Welcome back you good for nothin' low down dirty dogs. (It's a "Western" theme tonight - watch out for the tumbleweed, be sure to tip your hat to the pretty ladies and leave a nickle for the barkeep.)

I know you are feeling a little neglected this week (I am feeling a little neglected too...) I am totally KIDDING - I feel GR-EAT! (Haven't missed any of you a bit - except you. Oh, and you. You too. Alright - I've missed each and every last one of you.) Let me just say - Love is all around. No need to waste it. You can have a town, why don't you take it? YOU'RE going to make it, after all. (Wasn't Mary inspiring?)


Reminds me... 70's sitcoms were great, weren't they? Everyone remember "Alice?" When "Kev" relocated from Chicago to Phoenix (Part I), that theme song played in my head for 3,798 miles (and it's only 1,812 miles to Phoenix).

Used to be sad, used to be shy (I so WAS!)
Funniest thing, the saddest part is I never knew why (My therapist still doesn't know either.)
Kickin' myself for nothin' was my favorite sport (Now it's fun to kick you.)
I had to get out and start enjoyin' 'cause life's too short (It really is people.)
There's a new girl in town, 'cause I'm feelin good. (Wine helps.)
Get a smile, get a song, for the neighborhood (Especially for my new neighbor - he loves my music! He told me.)
there's a new girl in town on her own two feet (Albeit, webbed.)
and this girl's here to say
with some luck and love (and a little change in the 'ol change purse) life's gonna be so sweet!

Okay, let's come back to 2007, shall we?


Nicole Richie served two hours of her four-day sentence for violating the terms of her probation today. Nicole checked in around 3:15 p.m. and checked out around 4:45 p.m.(isn't that only like an hour and a half? I am simply repeating what I read, which appears to be miscalculated). Lindsay Lohan will serve at least 24 hours for her two DUI and cocaine possession charges. I have to say, I do not understand how the law works and wish someone could explain this to me. This crazy bitch has two DUI's in less than two months, one of which she engaged in a high-speed chase (high on coke, chasing her assistant around L.A.) and she will get only 24 hours? Paris Hilton was merely driving on a suspended license (no big deal right, we've all been there) and she received 23 days in jail? So not fair. I just don't get it. (Anyway, if anyone can explain this to me, I'd appreciate it.)


Guess who turned 58 today? Did the picture give it away? (It wasn't my "waiter friend" - he is STILL 25!) Here's a hint - he wished he had Jesse's girl (and I wished I had him, like 30 years ago). Yes, it's Rick Springfield. I used to love Rick Springfield, so it will come as no surprise when I tell you that I met him (in Las Vegas). HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dr. Noah Drake! If you are a Rick Springfield fan, YOU can catch him back on General Hospital doing something he never did on the show - SINGING, TOMORROW August 24th. Check your local listing for show times (cause I don't watch that crap).

Okay, I am getting a little tired of writing tonight BUT I thought I would leave you with a profound lyric heard on Atlanta's classic rock radio this morning...

"Mama always told me not to look in the eye of the sun. But Mamma - that's where the fun is!" - Manfred Mann's Earth Band (I have no idea what this song is about. Apparently, "she" doesn't have protective eye wear or something and then mayhem ensued.)

Finally, watch all of these clips, would ya?









Bye bitches! Make it a GR-EAT day!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first concert I ever saw was Rick Springfield at the Rosemont Horizon. I think it was 1982. I will check the ticket stub. I still have it!

6:48 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Awesome! You ROCK!

10:27 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter