Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Hey Look What I Can Do


It's a new day! Hey everybody! Welcome BACK!

Did everyone see the clip below of Miss South Carolina Teen USA (muddling through a question regarding why people can't locate the U.S. on a map)? Cracked me up. You know Mario Lopez was dying inside. We've all been there though, right? (Not me, but I am sure some of you have.) Anyhoo, watch the clip. (Makes Paula Abdul seem lucid.) We, of course, mean no ill-will to Miss S.C. - we are sure she excels at something.



Today is LeAnn Rime's 25th birthday! I couldn't pass up the opportunity to mention that, although I know some of you prefer I stop writing about her, at least for a day or two. HAPPY BIRTHDAY LEANN!


Can you believe THIS Friday will mark the 10th anniversary of the death of Princess Diana? Like 9/11, everyone remembers where they were when the news of Diana's death broke, right? "Kev" was in a Phoenix emergency room with a broken arm and leg, so high on whatever they give you when you break your arm and leg, that I thought Diana's death was a bad, unfortunate dream. (As did the junkie who had just been shot that I was sharing the ER room with.) I didn't realize until about two days later that it wasn't a dream. Word of advice - if you are going to roller blade down a Scottsdale mountain shouting "Hey, look what I can do" (think Stuart), wear knee pads, wrist guards and a helmet. Better yet, just leave it to the kids. We're all getting a little too old for such tom-foolery, right? Broken bones are not fun - best left for the ones that are still growing. (Although it was a great conversation piece out at the clubs.) (I can't believe it has been 10 years already...)


What else, what else? OH! I am happy to report that Maddox Jolie Pitt (I am sure I am missing 5 of his other names) got a hair cut! Latest photos of Maddox show him sporting what looks like a coif (snug fitting leather helmet). We have also learned that Brad and Angelina were in the Hamptons (only briefly) to raise money for the rebuilding of New Orleans (so how can we make fun of them now). It's hard to make fun of do-gooders.

Okay, I think that is IT for today. I hope your week if off to a GR-EAT start!

Hugs and love (cause the world needs more hugs and love in my opinion) -

"Kev"

A repeat here, but hey, it's my blog (I can do that).

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Darling, we can always make fun of do-gooders. I don't know who told you that we can't. Fire them.

My baby was only one month old when Diana died, so I was watching all of that 'round the clock CNN coverage of the accident. I was surprised at just how sad her death made me. Of course, it's no emergency room story...

7:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

By the way, Stuart, did you notice how nobody gives a crap about Madonna and her adopted son, David? Angelina gets all the attention. It must make Madge nuts! She should give him a wacky haircut and see if that'll land 'em in People.

7:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Miss Carolina Teen wasn't in *my* class!

8:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh good Lord, i nearly peed myself watching miss s.c. answer that question...WTF?? she made NO sense whatsoever. note to self: don't go on t.v. if you cannot form coherent sentences...

10:09 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey EVERYONE! Princess, Mr. D. and Kitten - I hope you ALL had a GR-EAT day! Mr. D. - I WILL be in Chicago in October - I hope I get to see you. Perhaps I will drop in at school? (Do you have any HOT students this year?)

10:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter