Monday, August 27, 2007

Remember And Celebrate


Hello you dirty rotten good-for-nothin' low down varmint. (I can't get this Western theme out of my head... I don't know why?) Anyhoo, WELCOME BACK!

I hope EVERYONE had a GR-EAT weekend! "Kev" certainly did... (When I write "..." that means I "got some." (Just kidding...)

"Kev's" new place in the Midtown neighborhood of Atlanta is coming together nicely. (I absolutely love it here.) I hope you will all come visit soon (I AM having a PAR-TAY, so if you are in Atlanta, stay tuned...).

Today I want to celebrate someone who meant the world to me. Someone who is always in my thoughts... My Grandfather. If you have read the blog since its' inception, you might recall reading about my Grandfather previously. He was one of the kindest people I ever knew and I would like to think that he was responsible for helping shape me to be the person that I am. He loved to laugh and he always put others before himself. He was the person I always confided in. (If you know me personally, you know that my Grandfather lived with my family for a period of time when I was growing up. How cool was it to have one of your favorite people right in your home? Very.) When my house in Phoenix was robbed in 2004, I wasn't concerned about the television, watches, clothes, computer, DVD players or even the Playgirl issue of Brad Pitt (although I do miss that...). I was most upset about losing photographs of my family, including pictures from World War II of my Grandfather. I did not know until earlier this year that my sister had some of the very same pictures, so I was really happy when she sent these to me. The photo above is of my Grandfather (in his World War II Army uniform with his father, my Great-Grandfather.) My Grandparents, Frank and Violet, have meant the world to me. Neither leave my thoughts, ever. I was VERY lucky to have them for my Grandparents and I NEVER forget that. I hope all of you have/had Grandparents as special as mine. Thanks for indulging me once again with this somewhat personal topic. My Grandfather would have turned 83 today and I would like to remember and celebrate him here. So "CHEERS" to Frank, the best Grandfather EVER.

On that note, my friends, I am going to say farewell for now. I hope you ALL have a GR-EAT week! Send in your pictures, "HOT Guy" nominations and blog topics AND "THANKS for stoppin' in!"

Love,

"Kev"

Summer vacation in the Wisconsin Dells with my Grandfather and cousin (who later proclaimed, at a Stevie Nicks concert I took him to (of all places), to "hate fags...") My Grandfather LOVED his cigs... (Can you see the one in the picture?)



Finally, some songs my Grandfather enjoyed -



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Frank was a very nice man. Very nice, indeed. I'm sure you got your kindness from him.

11:15 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Thank you. It means a lot to me that you knew him and spent time with him. He liked you a lot too, knew you were "special" to me and wished I would have married you. He thought Steve and David were okay though, which is what made him very cool. Love ya tons my dear! I hope week 2 is less hectic!

11:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev~ this post made me cry. Did not know him, but have heard you talk so highly. You know how I felt about my "pa" and I miss him daily. He to shaped my life and I think made me the person I am today.

Patrick

12:12 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Awww... Didn't mean to make you cry. I'm sorry. I am certain your pa would be proud of the bright, intelligent and fun man that you are. I know you miss your pa like I miss my Grandfather. Remembering him (and the things he taught you) is the best form of gratitude. I hope you have a good week!!

12:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

happy bday, granpa frank! i hope i'm remembered as fondly as he is when i'm gone...

1:08 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

LOL - Of course you will be dear! Your family is about as close-knit as they come, not to mention steeped in tradition. You are already the cool, favorite aunt. I know you are going to be the crazy Grandmother to Ro's children one day as well. Love ya babe!

12:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter