Monday, February 04, 2008

Not Hot



Hey EVERYBODY! Welcome BACK!

I don't feel like writing anything tonight, but read this article/watch this clip. Unlike the above picture, the clip is NOT hot (sorry), yet fascinating.

THEN... watch the second clip featuring country singer/conjoined twin REBA! All this talk of the Tree Man had me wondering about Reba. 'Lo and behold, "we" found her on YouTube. I don't even know what to say, except that I feel really sorry for her sister, who is forced to sit there and listen/drag her ass around on a cart (you can't see it in the video, but Reba is shorter than her sister). I know... I'm going to hell. No, that is not me talking at the end of the video, but that is my favorite part...

Remember to vote tomorrow!

Hugs -

"Kev"

32 year old Dede lives in a remote village in Indonesia with his two children, trying to care for them. Dede, a former fisherman, has an extraordinary skin condition: he has root like structures growing out of his body - branches that can grow up to 5cm a year and which protrude from his hands and feet, and welts covering his whole body.

He is known locally as 'Tree Man' and his condition has baffled local doctors for 20 years. In an attempt to earn a living to support his family, he is part of a circus troupe, displaying his Tree Man limbs along with others afflicted with skin deformities in 'freak' shows.

Dr Anthony Gaspari, a world expert in skin conditions from the University of Maryland travels to Indonesia to attempt to diagnosis Dede's mysterious condition. He takes skin samples for biopsies back in the USA. What will he discover?

We go on an intimate journey with the extraordinary Dede, as he tries to eek out a living in a circus troupe to support his family, and as he is given medical help by Dr Gaspari. The identification and possible cure of his condition, could change his whole life.

Half way across the world, in Romania, farmer Ion Toader is discovered to have a similar extraordinary 'Tree Man' condition, with growths all over his hands. He has not been able to drive a tractor for five years. A Romanian surgeon offers to give him an operation to remove his growths.





One more...

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day, "walking away from you" should be changed from "carted away from you".

Am I a total asshole, but couldn't their mother at least have fixed their freakin' teeth? If I had to cart anything around by my head I would have to rip it off and end it all. And who on earth did they get to do their hair? Everyone in the salon probably hid in the back room a la Hinchcliffe arguing over who was going to be their "stylist".

9:03 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, and I've seen that tree man guy. I can't even watch the video anymore now that I know he's covered with warts. I get goosebumps and totally heebie jeebie'd out.

9:04 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

I have to say, I felt a tinge of guilt about this post (you know, making fun of these people) HOWEVER, if you put yourself on the Jerry Springer show (singing country, no less), than I think it's "ok" to "feature" them here. I thought about what skill the stylist would require as well. Reba obviously dyes her hair and I think that takes a real craftsman NOT to get the dye on the other one (the non-Reba). The Tree Man is simply disgusting. That's what happens when you don't use condoms I suppose. (I can't even imagine what's happened to his nether region, but I am certain it aint pretty..)

5:27 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Oh, for our readers not familiar with the Hinchcliffe reference... the Hinchcliffes were a super old couple that dined at the restaurant at The Drake Hotel where Princess and I were employed for a number of years. Have I said that they were old? Really old. He morphed into yoda (in a cute way) and she looked like a troll doll (again, in a cute way). They could not hear and didn't tip. Needless to say, the staff dreaded their weekly visit.

5:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have seen the tree man thing before...so sad. however, lori and dori (which was "reba"'s original name) kinda creep me out. if she could actually sing, i might feel a little worse about the teasing here.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey!
Dori changed her name to Reba in honor of Reba McEntire (sp?) who really irks me. I think I am going to have my friends call me Ms. Nicks. YES, I saw that Obama "took" both Georgia and Illinois. I would like to see them both in the White House BUT prefer he be the veep...
Kisses!!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter