Monday, December 04, 2006

Leo...


HEY EVERYBODY! It's MONDAY! 3 more days until... STEVIE NICKS!

Let me tell you...it is COOOOLD here in Hot-lanta (currently 38 degrees...). I know all of you in Chicago can "top" that, or "one up" me, so I will STOP complaining. (But it really is cold and I don't care for it. Did I mention windy as well?)

Has everyone seen the latest issue of "GQ Magazine?" It is AMAZING. Why? Because my long-time "secret" love, Leonardo DiCaprio, is featured as the magazine's "Man Of The Year." (I say "secret" because I am not supposed to tell anyone that we "summer" together in Connecticut, by the sea.) I didn't read the article yet, so I can't tell you why, but judging from these photos, he is also "Man Of The Year" here at "Kev's Corner." (CONGRATULATIONS LEO! You're SWELL!)


I have always liked Leonardo DiCaprio (a LOT) and have seen, and own, almost all of his movies. I will never watch the ending of "Titanic" again and shut the movie off as soon as they fall out of the boat and hit the water. I tell myself it ended differently than it did. I have to. I was VERY upset when Kate Winslet (Rose) didn't let Leo (Jack) on the driftwood/raft that spared her life and not his, which is why I will never see a Kate Winslet movie again. (Although I did see "Finding Neverland," and enjoyed her performance in that. And I love her American Express commercial! She's the cutest.) If you haven't seen "What's Eating Gilbert Grape," (also starring Johnny Depp) RENT IT (or call me, I will rent it to you for $1.50 plus a small deposit of $5,000). Leo's first Academy Award nomination (at age 19 in 1993) was for his role as "Arnie Grape." Of course his second was for his portrayal of Howard Hughes in "The Aviator." I don't feel ashamed or embarrassed professing my lust for Leo because he is 32 and I think that's old enough, don't you? Anyhoo, I hope you enjoy these photos of Leo (at the end of the post) as much as I do... I think he's dreamy.

The integrity of what we report here at the "Corner" is of the utmost importance to us. We've actually all taken an oath, signed a "code of conduct" and it is spelled out in our mission statement that we check our facts, check them again, and then check them one more time. We NEVER EVER report based on rumor, speculation or conjecture (it's just not what we do). We actually fire anyone immediately who can't abide by our stringent policy. That's true. We are, however, going to share a "rumor" sent to us by a faithful reader, because he isn't subject to our high standards, hasn't signed our "code of conduct," and could care less about our mission statement. ANYWAY, what we learned through the "P-Vine" is that "HOT Guy" Reichen Lehmkuhl and Lance Bass have "called it quits." I have already sent a telegram to Reichen expressing my "sincerest condolences during this difficult time" including my number, professionally written bio and an 8 X 10 glossy (from 10 years ago). That's what gays do...

You will ALL be invited to our wedding (in a state where it is legal), which I anticipate will be in early 2008. Yes, I will still "summer" with Leo, who will also be in attendance. I've also taken the liberty to retain Il Divo to perform for our first dance that evening.

Finally, December 1st was "World AIDS Day" and I purposely decided NOT to include that in the post for that day, because it is sad to me for personal reasons and because I was more excited to write about, well, Stevie Nicks... However, after giving it some thought, I felt that not addressing it would not help further the cause or raise awareness on where this issue stands in our world today. SO, sometime this week, we will write about this AND a dear friend is going to share something that touched her deeply recently related to this topic. So stay tuned for that.

We are foregoing a featured Stevie Nicks song today because I just stopped crying from the song that was featured yesterday (it is SAD, isn't it?). Plus, a couple readers have mentioned that they don't really like Stevie Nicks and can't wait for her concert to come, and more importantly, go...

I hope you all stay warm, wherever you are. We will be back tomorrow...

Love,

"Kev"




2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Further rumors are that Bass kicked Reichen to the curb and not vice versa which I find very difficult to believe. More gossip that Lance already has a new man. Reichen may be vulnerable and suffering from a broken heart.....good luck boys!

There is a new post on another blog that is not nearly as entertaining as this one and is certainly not subject to the high code of ethics and standards of Kev's Corner. You can get the dirt at www.towleroad.com but you must remain a loyal reader of Kev's Corner.

P-vine D-vine (sounds like a great drag name)

3:53 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Thank you for that update D-Vine! And, oh, I've seen that other blog - it's complete trash. (Their quality (and heart) is lacking. When the "staff" here acts out, I threaten them with having to work for that blog...Reichen called today - we're spending the holidays skiing in Telluride. He'll be over Lance in no time. (OK, I think I dreampt that...Life is more fun when it's pretend, don't you think?)

4:17 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter