Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Earth Angel


Sometimes a picture really is worth a 1,000 words...

You might remember my dear friend, June, (or "Kitten," as I call her) from a previous post, "Sponge Bob Gay Pants." Well, here she is again... This picture was taken last week while June was ATV'ing (that's a real word, right?) in the mountains of Los Cabos, Mexico. June has been all over the globe and really is one of the most fascinating people I know. She hob nobs with rock stars, legends and foreign dignitaries and is very unassuming about it... It wouldn't surprise me if Mick Jagger took this picture (or her BF, Eric, who is equally as "cool"). I am also quite sure she is a U.S. Ambassador as well and I think she speaks 7 languages. You get the picture. She is the kind of person who will glean someones life history while standing in line at the grocery check-out, make them feel better about their life's woes, while leaving them with an "action plan" and a "can-do" spirit (yes, she is good). And that is TRUE too... While she maintains a low profile here at the "Corner," she is one of the few coveted people in "Kev's" "inner sanctum" and makes "Kev's" world a MUCH better place on a daily basis. She actually has a pretty good pulse on my whereabouts at all times, especially because I call her when I am lost, which is often. She has guided me out of many ghettos in many states by simply asking me, "What do you see" (after telling me to "stop crying!"). She is used by my family as a resource when they need to know, "Where's Kevin?" (That's just how close we are...) She's an earth angel (with a "dash" of "devil," which just makes her fun). When we are in public and she spots an attractive gay man she thinks I will like, she is kind enough to thrust, i.e., push me into the person while she scoots away with a smile. How awesome is that? She introduced me to our friend Terry. She even gave me the first and only gay rainbow flag I have ever owned (courtesy of her BF) after they happened upon a pride parade in New York (or D.C.). She has attended gay functions here in Atlanta with me and is still on the mailing lists of publications I am sure she wishes she would stop receiving... Like the many others you have learned about here, she is a TREMENDOUS friend and human being.

To June - THANKS for brightening my day with your smiling face. COME HOME SOON, I miss you!

To everyone else, I hope you had a GREAT Wednesday.

Much love,

"Kev" (who only has 4 months left in his 30's! YIKES!)

Click HERE for our tribute song to June...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter