Saturday, January 13, 2007

Fo Rizzle, My Shizzle


GOOD DAY YOU!

You know, I never know how I am going to "greet" you each day until I sit down to write - it's the only real organic part about each post. It's one of the "fun" things for me. I almost wrote, "Good Day You Limey Bastards!" but thought, "That's not very nice, now is it?" If you have salutation suggestions, send 'em my way (by email of course...we don't want to "spoil it.") Perhaps we will make a contest of it. If your salutation is used, we will give you a heartfelt "thanks," and a mention in the post!

First, THANKS for "weighing in" in the "comment" department earlier this week. Didn't mean to "chastise" the fine people who stop in here, just wanted to make sure you were still "stoppin' in," otherwise I am, as I have said before, just a loser at a computer wasting my time (which may still be the case).

After combing the headlines and channel surfing much of this morning (a real waste of my time, if you know what I mean), we really don't have a lot of news to bring you today.

It's Saturday and I am in a MUCH better place (emotionally that is, physically I am still in Atlanta, which I LOVE) so I don't even feel like "ripping" on celebrities I don't care for. As a matter of fact, we would like to issue an apology to the Olsen twins who HAVE read this blog (or maybe it's just those two drag queens I met a couple of weeks ago). Anyway, to Mary Kate and Ashley, darlings, (not the drag queens) we were simply misquoted. You are NOT horrible little alien-like creatures. (We just think perhaps that you are not yet fully grown, although I would switch lives with either of you little billionaires in a second, even the one with the eating disorder.) If it makes you feel better, we dislike Lindsay Lohan so much that we REFUSE to write about her here. She's skanky, like home-wrecker Angelina Jolie. We do, however, LOVE Nicole Richie, even though she isn't quite a role model for young women. To Nicole (cause she reads this too) GET WELL SOON! I want to be watching "The Simple Life XV" and that won't happen unless you lay off those drugs, drive with, not against, traffic and eat every once in awhile, OK babe?

As an aside, I was commenting to someone through email this week that I "worry" about the "strangest" things... Besides the important stuff, like the soldiers in Iraq, the environment, health care in this country, my job, being single at 40, (Vicki Allan Syndrome, a.k.a. "V.A.S.") etc..., I worry about Nicole Richie not eating, and that's fo rizzle!. (Yes, I am trying to increase my "crunk" factor.) The person then commented that he/she (I want to protect their anonymity) recently cried during a Folgers commercial (which I think is hysterical). Sorry to you, you know who you are. I have to ask, were you at a bar when the aforementioned commercial aired? Up for days perhaps? (I know when I don't sleep, EVERYTHING makes me cry, but mostly just the fact that I can't sleep.) Did someone die in this commercial? Mauled by a tiger while enjoying their morning cup 'o joe? Was a coffee-drinking bear being beaten by a trainer (you know, like they do at the circus)? Perhaps it triggered some latent memory. I don't know... Anyway, good luck with that.

Saturday is a GREAT day to donate your time and/or money or get in touch with long lost friends (basically, do something "nice"). Click on any of the links to the right and donate today! (Mentioning this elevates my maturity a bit, which I had to do after ripping on the Olsen twins and referring to Lindsay and Angelina as "skanks.")

Please enjoy some pictures swiped from "People" (ssshhhh, don't tell them, they'll sue my ass and I got nothin').





Have a WONDERFUL, "bless-ed" Saturday!

(Be thinking of "closings" too!)

All wound up in the A-T-L,

"Kev"

Finally, whilst channel surfing, for the good of the "Corner," I came across THIS music video by Rodney Atkins, called "Watching You." Everyone knows "Kev" isn't a big fan of country music (Reba, ICK! Toby, NEVER, "Boot Scootin' Boogie," I DON'T THINK SO) BUT when I heard Rodney refer to "nuggets," as in chicken, I decided to watch to see if it could get any worse. To my surprise, I loved the video and the song. If I weren't well rested, I think it would make me cry. The boy in the video is in fact Rodney's 4-year-old son, Elijah (I did some research). So while we don't condone "country," (country isn't cool - except for LeAnn Rimes and the "Chicks,") we hope you will like this video as much as we did. (We will also be featuring another "country" exception in the future...) Bye y'all!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Weird picture of the Olsen twins. Their mouths and eyes look really wide. Big ears, too. Looks like a doctored picture to me - or like they're looking into a toaster.

7:41 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

You know, I agree. I thought the picture was a little disturbing. Whilst looking for a photo to share, I came across many and actually thought "these girls are pretty cute" but then I would have had to scrap the whole post. I think they are MUCH better than some of their counterparts, but they don't look fully grown to me and that is the crux of my "issue" with them. (Fo rizzle.) (Plus I hated that stupid show "Full House," even though I like John Stamos (a future "HOT" Guy..)

8:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

No need to protect my anonymity, I'm man enough to admit my pathetic (yet hysterical) moments. Yes, I was probably drinking, exhausted, and/or hung over an exhausted. It was the old folgers commercial where the soldier comes home. Yes, sappy.

Hope everyone at the corner has a great day. P

12:04 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

I haven't seen that one... I can see now why you would cry at that, although I don't know how a Folgers commercial incorporates a soldier coming home? Was someone on hand to hand him a cup of coffee? Was he bloodied and bruised but the brew made him better? What other commercials make you cry? Thanks for sharing!

3:26 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter