Monday, January 22, 2007

Mario Laundromat


Greetings BITCHES! It's a new day.

(We sure hope everyone read the post that explains "bitches" is now a nice word, something that you WANT your friends to call you. If you didn't, well, we're sorry. We mean no offense...)

How was every one's Monday? We hope it was just s-w-e-l-l, SWELL!

We know a lot has happened in the news over the past few days, but we have been a little distracted with Reichen Lehmkuhl's visit to Atlanta. Our priorities are unwavering, so we hope you caught your local news.

New York Senator, former First Lady, Hillary Clinton has announced she will run for the White House in the 2008 election! Hillary joins Democrat John Edwards, who announced his run for the presidency last month, launching his "Tomorrow Begins Today" campaign. Sounds "catchy" and he sure is cute. Has Illinois Senator Barack Obama officially announced if he is running? The "Corner" is not officially endorsing a candidate at this time, but let us know your thoughts. I am sure this will be a topic of discussion, and luckily for you, "Kev" is a highly prolific political analyst that will help you really understand where the candidates stand on all of the issues. Did anyone believe me?

Now, on to the important stuff...

Over the weekend, we did a little reflecting over the blog here. The staff at the "Corner" reviewed each post to examine the content, determine what has generated the MOST feedback, which "HOT Guys" you liked best and whose photographs have been featured consistently. We want to keep the "Corner" "fresh" and make sure you keep coming back for more. (Actually, I am BS'ing you a little bit with that last statement... I was just sort of curious, but it sounded awfully nice, didn't it? We really do hope you will keep coming back though...)

Here is a "recap" of who was featured as a "Friday HOT Guy," in the order in which they appeared here...

August 2006
Reichen Lehmkuhl
Scott W. & Tim G.
Jeff T.
Freddie Ljunberg

September 2006
Bob B.
Christian Slater
Jeff Wilson
Justin Timberlake
Ryan Carnes

October 2006
Nick Lachey
Bryan E. & Bill H.
Patrick Dempsey & Eric Dane
Reichen Lehmkuhl

November 2006
Rusty Joiner
Mario Lopez, Jr.
"Kev"
Kevin Cage

December 2006
Philip Olivier
Johnny Depp
Nancy Pelosi
Multiple
(David Beckham, Mario Lopez, Jr., Jorge Valencia, Sendhil Ramamurthy, Reichen Lehmkuhl, Jake Shears, Justin Timberlake, Brad Pitt, & James Denton)

January 2007
Ewan McGregor
Nick Lachey
Reichen Lehmkuhl

The "HOT Guy" that generated the most "buzz" was Johnny Depp.
"HOT Guy" Reichen Lehmkuhl was featured FIRST and has appeared 4 times.
"HOT Guys" Justin Timberlake, Nick Lachey and Mario Lopez, Jr. were each featured twice.
Special "Monday's HOT Guy" segments featured Keanu Reeves and secret H.S. crush, "Mr. C."

Statistics regarding the pictures...

Stevie Nicks lead the pack as having the most photographs on the blog at 18.
Reichen Lehmkuhl came in a close second with 14.
David Beckham came in third with 9.
Leonardo DiCaprio and Justin Timberlake tied with 7 photos each.
Brad Pitt's shining face was featured 6 times.
Jake Gyllenhaal's "mug" was featured 5 times.

The photo results made me laugh a little bit because that is the EXACT order I would put them in, even the tie between Leo & Justin, if I had to rank them in the order of their "popularity" to "Kev." I am trying to take your suggestions into consideration - honest!

Again, I would like to say, "THANKS" to all of you who stop in here. The "Corner" is gaining a little bit of momentum and we are picking up more and more readers each week, i.e., one here, two there, whom "Kev" does not even know. No, we are not out to become famous or even make a dime, although either would be GR-EAT, because, well, I'm broke. We are just having some fun and hope you are as well.

Before we close for today though, I thought I would tell you about my "heated" email exchange with famed L.A.- based blogger, "Perez Hilton," whose real name is Mario Laundromat, or something like that. Anyway, "Kev" will write to anyone with an email address - no one is off limits, including Mario Laundromat. As a fellow "gay blogger," I take offense to the fact that he is rich and famous for "outing" gay celebrities and doing crude things to their pictures. No need for that. The content of his blog is poor, at best, and the tone is always "nasty." There is too much negativity in this world, so I wrote him to tell him what a sorry-ass loser bastard he is (you have to talk to these people in a manner in which they can understand, it's the only way) in attempts to motivate change. I have actually written to him three times over the past several months, long before I knew my husband, Reichen, was suing him, and that is TRUE. To my surprise, he wrote back on Saturday. His responses were, to quote Tom Cruise, "glib." To be exact, he said, "I agree with you. I will change. xoxo - P." Smarmy bastard. (Yes, that was also my reply to his email, to which he replied, "You are right. I will change. xoxo - P." AGAIN.) Anyway, I wrote a post on Saturday, ""Kev" Takes On "Perez,"" dedicated almost solely to the way I feel about the Internet and the responsibility of fellow bloggers, but eventually deleted it because I felt it was also too negative. I will say, however, that I hate when I come across something I think is "fact" only to learn it is complete garbage. For example, I read that Christian Slater was starring in the musical version of "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest," in London and that it was horrible, i.e., he couldn't sing, etc... Because I had just been in London at the time, and actually saw the show, I contacted the idiot who wrote that to inform her that, 1) it was not a "musical," and 2) it received high acclaim from the critics. Obviously, the person didn't see the show, or use a reliable source, so she clearly should not have been writing about it. (She subsequently revised her blog, thanked me for pointing out the "facts" to her, gave me "kudos," and now we are GREAT friends. She's lovely.) I even contacted the web master of the official Stevie Nicks fan site to alert him to the fact that a review submitted by a fellow concert-goer was "wrought with inaccuracy." She reported hearing songs that Stevie didn't even perform that evening. She was drunk. Her name was Patti.

While this blog is intended for a small group of friends for "amusement," it can conceivably be read by anyone in the world and I think there should be some sense of responsibility that goes along with that. Mario Laundromat is NOT a trained journalist and is not a nice person. He is making millions of dollars and is being featured on MTV specials for generating hate and maintaining a blog that looks like, well, shizzle. The "activist" gay blogger in me thought I would let him know my opinion... I also told him that I hoped he loses all of the lawsuits against him forcing him to "shut down," and he replied, "You are right. I hope so too. xoxo - P." (I was beginning to think this was his out-of-office reply.)

On that note, read responsibly (but keep coming back here!)

"Kev" is done ranting now. Have a WONDERFUL evening. See you tomorrow!

To steal a quote my Grandmother passed on to me, "Live Well, Laugh Often & Love Much (and appreciate the "HOT Guys" along the way, especially Ricky Martin)."

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must say that today's pic of Ricky Martin caused a rise in my blood pressure, heart rate, etc., etc. Whew! That is one hot latino.

Hope you had a great Monday. One more day of work and I'm off the islands....

Hope all you Corner groupies had a great Monday as well.

P

8:03 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

You know, I swapped out the picture that accompanied this post several times before "landing on" Ricky.. I love Ricky too... As a matter of fact, he was on my mind tonight BECAUSE I signed up for a "service" to alert me when his tour will be announced. I, we, us ALL of my personalities, hope you have a GREAT vacation (you're there on vacation, right?) and come back with a sun tan everyone will envy. I don't even know where the Virgin Islands are...As always, I say, THANKS for stopping in! We love our "readers"!

8:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, definitely there on vacation. However, this cold weather makes me want to make it business and interview to move back. ;-) Just kidding, I love Atlanta.

Virgin Islands are between Miami Florida and Venezuela. Just off off the Southeast coast of Puerto Rico. For your visual pleasure...http://www.caribbeandays.com/caribbeanmap.shtml.

I'll see if I can't bring some decent photo's back to share with the corner.

Have a great week! P

8:41 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

P -
Thanks for the GEO lesson - I needed it! YES, bring back pictures and we will put them up here. Call/write when you get home!
Kevin

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter