Monday, October 15, 2007

Half Way To Hinchcliffe


BENVENUTI bitches! (That's Italian. We'd like to think you are learning something when you stop in here.)

For those of us who like to count.. 3 days 'til Chicago, 4 days 'til Stevie Nicks, 5 days 'til Kathy Griffin.

"Kev's" CT is still acting up/out, so this post will be short. (Although I am thinking the vitamin B6, which I am taking, is helping!)


Today is former Jockey underwear model and former Baltimore Orioles pitcher, Jim Palmer's, 62nd birthday. I think Jim, also known as "Cakes," was my first celebrity crush when I was a young gay, followed by Rick Springfield, who is like 70 now. (I am sure he would be ELATED to know that...) Anyhoo, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jim Palmer.

The season premier of one of "Kev's" favorite shows, "Little People, Big World" is tonight on TLC. I love this show. It is a nice change from other reality shows that accentuate and celebrate negative behavior. You know which ones I am talking about, right? (Although I LOVE MTV's "Parental Control." Anyone seen that? It's a show where the parents get to choose two dates for their son/daughter because their current son/daughter's current girlfriend/boyfriend is a real asshole. The show usually entails the current boyfriend/girlfriend calling the mom a biatch (much like we do here) and other hi jinx juvenile delinquent shenanigans.) "Kev's" other favorite show (the only show I make a point to watch), "How I Met Your Mother," is also on tonight. (I like "The Office" a lot too...)

For those of you outside of Georgia, you may have heard that we are experiencing one of the worst draughts in Georgia's history. Rain fall in the area at this time of year has normally reached 43 inches. We have had only 23. Lake Lanier, a lake that is a significant water source for the Atlanta-metro area, is 14 feet below its normal level (it's scary). For those of you IN Georgia, do what you can to conserve water. Replace your shower head with one of those that barely lets any water out at all, take shorter showers, shower together, perhaps with a neighbor, turn the water off when you brush your teeth, don't brush your teeth, don't wash clothes until you have a full load or just don't wash your clothes (same with the dishwasher). You can even consider not flushing the toilet every time you use it. (I do that anyway.) You get the point...

I normally title a post AFTER I write it (makes sense, right?). I am in a conundrum this evening because I titled the post FIRST, but don't feel like changing it or explaining the meaning (my wrist hurts). It is, after all, what's on my mind... Maybe it will be our own urban legend or myth. You can create your own meaning for "Hinchcliffe." I'd like it on a tee-shirt or bumper sticker. Oh, alright, I will explain it in tomorrow's post, when I have free time at the office.

Until then, I hope you ALL have a GR-EAT week!

Molto amore (more Italian for you),

"Kev"

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

WHERE'S MY CARTER OOSTERHOUSE? :p
I'm glad the B6 is helping. It was a miracle cure for me!
xoxo
-AE

8:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great water conservation tips- funny as heck! lol
xoxo

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halfway to Hinchcliffe - I'm still laughing out loud. It's so funny that I won't even say "lol" - it warrants the real, fully written "laughing out loud". I can't wait to read what you write about it tomorrow. Your audience will love it.

We're on our way to Stevie and Kathy time! Can't wait!!!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

First, AE, we've searched high and low for pics of your hot guy. We'll keep searching though!
Second, Anonymous, glad you liked the water conservation tips. Send us any ideas you have - we'll post em! (Desperate times call for desperate measures, right?)
Princess, perhaps "Half Way To Hinchcliffe" will simply remain a mystery (except to you, of course) because really, "Hinchcliffe" can represent whatever one wants it too, right? I am literally packed and ready to go! (I never pack in advance - it's not my style).
Kisses!

9:30 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter