Sunday, November 04, 2007

Fitz


No real post today folks (my wrist/arm is hurtin' something terrible.)

Just a quick thought though...

I think the internet is amazing. You can find just about anything. In a round about way yesterday, I found my 4th grade class picture (above) that I wasn't even looking for. My two "best friends" at the time were Herbie (also in the top row - his head is in the center of the sun poster) and Fitz, the black kid. Both lived in the same neighborhood as me. I remember Herbie's mom - she was slovenly. A real pig. An unbeholdin' sight, if you will. Just gross. Fitz's mom, however, was classy (a professional woman, i.e., she worked) always had Double Stuff Oreos, so I preferred his house. I never forgot this teacher either, although I don't remember her name. This was 1977/1978, and we would spend much time in the classroom lying in the dark on our mats/towels as she would take us on guided imagery tours. (An acid trip for kids. It was the 70's.) Oh, I am in the top row, third from the left in the blue shirt, next to the giant kid. I also have the best tan in the class (aside from Fitz) because I spent most recesses at the Hollywood Tan.

Anyways, I hope you ALL have a GR-EAT Sunday!

Love and hugs -

"Kev"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter