Thursday, February 07, 2008

Dov'e L'amore


If you're a big homo (like me), than THIS (the article below) is GR-EAT news... (It's unfortunate I made a "no concerts in 2008" pact with myself. You see, I want a Mercedes and am trying to learn a skill I don't currently possess - saving.)

Anyhoo, "we" hope YOU get to catch Cher in concert in Las Vegas. Her new show sounds fantastic. (I saw her "farewell tour" 5 times - I just couldn't say goodbye.)

I wish those good-for-nothin' lazy asses at Google would fix the frickin' spell check feature. (Just kidding - we are sure they are trying...)

Here's the article...

Cher beat the odds at every turn in her 44-year career, so it's no surprise she's betting on an artistic rebirth in Las Vegas.

The indestructible diva, who retired from touring in 2005, will star in a song-and-dance spectacle starting May 6 at the 4,100-seat Colosseum in Caesars Palace. She'll perform four shows weekly for one month, then return mid-August through early October, leapfrogging stints with Bette Midler. Her pact with promoter AEG Live extends three years.

Cher, 61, promises a "visually unbelievable" hit parade that entails elaborate choreography, complex staging, eye-popping costumes, 14 dancers and four aerialists.

"Creatively, we're doing something that's never been done with sets," she says. "Getting the whole thing in book form, in pictures, has taken months. Our set moves down from the ceiling, in from the sides, up from the floor. We have screens in the foreground, the center and the back. We can change a city into a forest in two seconds. You'll see a different stage for every song." (USA Today)

Smell ya later! (I have to tell you, I was talking with HOT Guy Scott yesterday, you know, "Princess's" hubby, and he said that to me, in recounting how he left the office early due to inclimate weather. Such a straight guy thing to say. It was hysterical.)

"Kev"

Watch this video, "Dov'e L'amore" (For those of you who don't speak Italian, she's asking, "where's the love?")

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter