Sunday, June 21, 2009

Nashville Pretty


Rock on gold dust woman! (And the rest of you!)

As you know, "Kev" (that's ME) and friend Scott (seen above!) were front row center Friday night at Nashville's Sommet Center for Fleetwood Mac's "Unleashed" tour!

The show was, in a word, FUN! Before the concert even started, Lindsey Buckingham slapped my hand from my place at the stage, which was, again...front row center. At the end of the show, Lindsey gave me his guitar pick (which I lost that night at a Nashville dance club, "Play," BUT don't fret... I found it! Let's just say it wasn't my first time crawling around the floor in a bar).

Sheryl Crow and Michelle Branch were in the audience and Carrie Underwood was spotted on the corner (where you see Scottie standing above) although I did not get a picture of her (or myself for that matter... which is unfortunate since I looked super cute in my Ben Sherman jeans, Calvin Klein tee and black pumas - the outfit was comfortable, age appropriate and cute - a win-win I think. I never take pictures at concerts though because I don't want to be bothered with a camera and prefer to enjoy experiencing the show over worrying about pictures.)

I have been to many, many, many concerts in my time (it's what I "do") and I will tell you... Scott was the BEST concert date, EVER! He has been to other shows with me, so he "gets" I am a little Type A about getting to my spot at the stage in time. He made certain we were where we needed to be on time. Yes, he poked fun at Stevie's "wiccan ways" and he sang like a goat a little bit (which is his interpretation of her) but he knew every word to every song. He is insane. It was almost as fun watching Scott as it was watching the show.

I loved the city of Nashville too (I'm "Nashville pretty" which is sort of a back handed compliment to me and the city of Nashville. You see... the gays there are NOT pretty like their Atlanta counterparts, so we said they were "Nashville Pretty." Sadly, I am not considered "pretty" in Atlanta either (it's true - I accept it) but in Nashville, I fit in just fine!

Okay, like a stone, I gotta roll.

Luv -

Nashville Pretty

This is ME under what is supposed to say "Fleetwood Mac!" Scott is Atlanta Pretty though, so we'll let is slide that I am under the "Thomas (as in train) and Friends" marquee...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter