Friday, June 19, 2009

Unleashed Again


Who is so excited he can't sleep? You got it - ME! You see, in less than 24 hours yours truly will be at the stage enjoying Fleetwood Mac's "Unleashed" tour in Nashville ("Nashvegas"), Tennessee! Tonight's show will mark the 54th time I have seen Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks in concert! I can't wait...

Alright, we have been remiss in our correspondence here at "The Corner." We have a lot to talk about about but little time to spend with you...

First, one of our FAVORITE 5th grade teachers, Mr. D., retired from teaching after many, many, many years (okay, I don't know how many years Mr. D. taught, but he taught me, so you know it's been a long time). CONGRATULATIONS Mr. D.! You survived! "We" (that's all of us here) raise our glass and toast you. (Yes, I am a little drunk as I write this... What? I can't celebrate the fact that I will be seeing Fleetwood Mac in less than 24 hours?) Anyhoo, "we" are thinking of YOU (that's Mr. D., not the rest of you) and hope you enjoy your life outside of the classroom!

Second, one of my new best friends, Scott, who will be with me at the stage as we enjoy Fleetwood Mac in less than 24 hours, turned 39 on Tuesday (we've been celebrating all week). Scott should be the mayor of Atlanta... He knows everyone/everyone knows him. I absolutely adore Scott. A good time is always had when Scott is in your presence. Again, raise whatever you are drinking and wish Scott a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

This country made the transition to digital TV! Yoohoo! (I still can't get a decent picture.) I am glad the world didn't blow up but more importantly that the PSA/spots/infomercials are over, informing the nation of the June 12th "switch." Annoying.

Chastity/Chaz. Thoughts?

Okay, I gotta run.

Hugs, love, have a good weekend, etc..., etc...

Kevin

3 Comments:

Anonymous Mr. D. said...

Thanks for the retirement good wishes. It's been 34 years. And now it's just one very long summer vacation ahead of me!

8:24 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

WOW - That's amazing! I hope you enjoy your summer vacation! (That sounds better than retirement, doesn't it?) It means a lot to me that we are friends. Who'd have thought? Hugs and love to you!

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Mr. D. said...

Thanks baby!

10:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter