Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Atalanta!


What's up y'all? (I can say "y'all" since I am an official red neck now!) It's HUMP DAY boys and girls and a storm is brewing over Atlanta!

We've been a little lax maintaining "The Corner." "We're" not even sure anyone "stops in" much these days. (I blame Facebook... Now EVERYONE is a blogger!) So if you are reading this, THANKS!

Actor Patrick Swayze passed away yesterday from pancreatic cancer. He was 57. From what I understand, he had a three-pack-a-day smoking habit (not sure why I am mentioning this other than the fact that this seems super excessive). DON'T SMOKE. It isn't good. Anyways, rest in peace Patrick. I thought you were cute.

Is everyone watching the new Lifetime hit, "Drop Dead Diva?" I'm hooked. Love it. The premise of the show is that Deb, a pretty/thin/vapid aspiring model, is killed in a car crash. She is turned away at the gates of heaven (I believe) and returns to earth as attorney Jane (an overweight, cat loving gal with not much of a life). No one except two people know that Jane is really Deb in Jane's old/fat body. (I admit, my recap is not stellar, but watch the show anyway. It's a nice way to end the weekend because it airs on Sunday evening.) The show also stars Margaret Cho who I just love AND saw perform in Nashville at "Zanies!" this past weekend. She was hys-ter-ical AND the show is filmed here in Peachtree City, Georgia, about 30 minutes south of the A-T-L.

Prince Harry (isn't he the "cutest") turned 25 yesterday and inherited the $10.5 million his mum left him from her estate. That's serious bank. I love him even more.

Kathy Griffin's book, "Official Book Club Selection, A Memoir According To Kathy Griffin," was released last week. I got it. I read it. I loved it. Among her many acknowledgments, Kathy thanked the entire gay community. Anyhoo, buy her book. You will like it.

Next up, Ted Kennedy's "True Compass." Can't wait to read it.

"Kev" (lame third person reference to myself) is now registered for not one, but TWO marathons here in Atlanta. The first is a "half" (13.1 miles) and the second is a "full" (26.2 miles). The half takes place in just 3 weeks and the full will be on Thanksgiving Day. You might even call me Atalanta! (The Greek Goddess of Running and Romance...) I have to say, they are quite addicting! Nothing like the rush of running with 45,000 people (pushing, shoving and kicking your way to the finish line before 40,000 of them... hee hee. I'm not modest). I have to be honest and tell you... when I register for these things, I never worry about the race itself. I will do great. I DO, however, worry about what I will wear. I have learned that you never mix and match brands. It doesn't work. If you wear a Nike shirt, you have to wear Nike shorts.

Alright, I think "we" will call it a night. Enjoy the rest of your week folks!

Drugs not hugs. I mean hugs not drugs. Whatever.

Kev

THIS stupid song is playing in my head (forgive me for sharing it with you) and I think this l'il hooker is annoying. ENJOY!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter