Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Chicago Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon



Hello EVERYONE!

How are YOU? I am swell. Actually, I have a stye in my left eye and it's swollen up something bad so don't expect much today, alright?

Here is one pic (the only one I could afford) from the first inaugural Chicago Rock 'N Roll Half Marathon that took place last Sunday. "Kev" (still me!) was the 4,512th person of 14,438 to finish. While I reported erroneously that my time was 1:59, I have since learned that my official time was 2:02. (Nuts!) While better than the last, I wanted to finish in under two hours. Anyhoo, the weather was great, the city views were spectacular and it was just a lot of fun. (I look like a real athlete thanks to fancy "trick" photography, don't I?)

I will tell you.... I had to laugh a bit about something.... One of my dearest friends in Atlanta, Scott, does not care for Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'." (He says it makes him cry.) I am certain this song was the official song of the half marathon, performed by at least 7 of the 12 bands WHILST I ran past them. Had I had my phone, I would have called my friend Scott just to say, "See, it's a nice song! No more crying for you!"

In addition to the run, "Kev" had the BEST time visiting with several friends in Chicago including Steve, Wayne, "#1," #1's family, Mr. D., his partner Sam, Mrs. S, her husband, Mr. S., and my old friend Doug! (Did I forget anyone?) It was nice to see the city through tourist eyes too. I love Chicago...

On a sad note, my second gold fish, "Sherrill," passed away whilst I was away. R.I.P. Sherrill. I think I am done with fish. I am happy to have my counter space back (my new wine rack looks great though)!

Alright you hookers (again, term of endearment), I hope YOU have a GREAT rest of YOUR week.

Don't Stop Believin' -

"Kev"

2 Comments:

Anonymous kitten said...

yea "kev"!! we in the cat house are so proud of you...and that photo is great!! way to go!!

12:09 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Aw, thank you! Thanks for still reading this blog too!! I love you!!

7:47 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter