Thursday, March 22, 2007

That Would Be F-U-N, FUN!


Hello you sexy, sexy beast. (We had to make up for calling you a "dirty bitch" yesterday.)

Is it Friday yet? ALMOST!

As we always say, "Welcome back!" and... "We hope you are having a GREAT week!"

The Bradford pear trees are in bloom here in Atlanta and the pollen count is about 1,712,333. (Yes, that means headaches, itchy, watery eyes, runny noses and over all irritable moods throughout the area. Not to mention the green pollen that clings to your car, necessitating a wash every other hour.) They are BEAUTIFUL trees though, aren't they? (Don't sit under them though, unless you're stupid.)


On March 10th, we announced Ricky Martin's upcoming "Black & White" tour. We thought this was "cutting edge journalism" since it wasn't widely circulated at that time. We informed you that tickets for the show here in Atlanta went on sale on March 17th (and then reminded you to "get your tickets" once the 17th rolled around). We told you that "Kev" would be back to announce (i.e., brag) if/when he "secured" tickets for this show. Well boys and girls, "Kev" WILL be attending the show and does in fact have seats in Section 1, Row C, yes, that's the 3rd row (with sexy animal activist friend Elizabeth, of PAWS fame, Lovely Leyla and HOT Pat). (Some might say that this is a "GREAT DAY TO BE GAY," although "Kev" is the only 'mo of the four of us.) I don't know WHY these things excite me so, and I know I am "bragging," but I promise to address this with my therapist, when I get one. (I am, of course, KIDDING. I have no intentions of getting a therapist.) We wish you could ALL join us for the show. That would be f-u-n, fun wouldn't it?


"Kev" has also found, but not yet purchased, tickets for "The Killers," who will be performing here at the Fox Theatre on April 22nd. We'll keep you posted so we can "brag" about that show too.


And, lest we forget our Stevie Nicks tour this summer... "Kev" will be seeing Stevie not once, but twice so far! "Kev" is still working to "trade up" tickets for the show here in Atlanta (which he will be attending with Mr. P.). Remember to get Stevie's "Crystal (Meth, according to "Princess") Visions," which is available TUESDAY! (I can hardly wait!)

Finally, in concert news anyway, another one of "Kev's" favorites, LeAnn Rimes, is touring this summer. YAY! (I love her a ton.) BUT, a date has not yet been scheduled for Atlanta. We will keep you posted.


As I have said over and over and over since the inception of the "Corner," "Kev" is turning 40! In just a little over one month from now, I will have to update my online profile from "28" to "29" (which, in gay time, equals 40). I don't typically obsess about my birthday. I don't like the attention. It is usually very low-key, and since living in Atlanta, has been spent over a quiet dinner with "Kitten" (or in Paris with complete and total strangers, which was the case last year). For some reason, this one is "bothering" me unlike any of the others, which is why I keep writing about it, I suppose. I still remember when I wouldn't date a 30-year-old because that was "too old." Now I won't date a 30-year-old because that is "too young." Anyhoo, I digress...Yes, I am getting old, but am still very, very immature. I admit it. Ask "Princess." I called her this week from the office to inform her I had just plugged up the toilet in the men's room (and didn't report it). We regaled in laughter. I would like to say I am wiser than I was 10 years ago. I'm not. I'd like to say I have aged with grace. I haven't. So far, I haven't discovered anything good about turning 40 EXCEPT that I can afford 3rd row concert tickets!


Sadly, Elizabeth Edwards' breast cancer has spread to her bones, which, from what we understand, is not a good sign. We are HUGE John Edwards supporters here at the "Corner" and news like this makes us, well, sad. John Edwards has announced that he will still pursue the Democratic nomination for President. Best wishes to Elizabeth. So what if she never reads this. We have added the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer web site to our blog here and hope you will consider making a donation. You might wonder why a gay guy would care about breast cancer. It's simple. 99% of the people I hold near and dear to me have BREASTS! Mammograms are IMPORTANT people! And to the fellas in my life (to which there are many), check your balls! You can get cancer too!


Former Arizona Governor, Fife Simington, is claiming the lights that could be seen over the Phoenix skies in 1997 were in fact from an unidentified flying object, yes, a UFO. "Kev" lived in Phoenix during this time. I just thought the stars were "pretty." (Arizona skies are beautiful. Probably the most beautiful I have ever seen. I used to drive to the top of South Mountain with friends simply to look at the sky. But keep your eyes on your property, not the stars. You will get robbed BLIND if you are gazing at the sky instead of keeping an eye on your house, car and any other valuable possessions you might own. That's a fact.)


We would like to wish our friend "Mr. P." "GOOD LUCK" this Sunday as he runs the first-ever ING Georgia Marathon here in Atlanta. The course will bring "Mr. P." right past "Kev's" building, where "Kev" will wave from his balcony with a bottle of gin.

To the rest of you, "Kev" is taking a couple of days off. We trust that is acceptable to you.

We hope you enjoy your weekend. "Kev" will be back on Monday.

L-U-V,

"Kev"

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the well wishes Kev. Rather than waive the bottle from the balcony, bring it down and mix me a drink. I'll need it by the time I reach the highrise!!! Have a great time with Stevie. Mr. P

11:11 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Thank you. I am excited and can't sleep. Call me Sunday if you need a ride home, etc.., etc... I will have a margarita ready for you. You should be proud of yourself - it takes a lot of will and determination to participate in a marathon. Godspeed!

11:26 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Kevin! Thought I would stop by & catch up. I LOVE your blog. Did I mention that I also love pears?? I am really jealous, a Stevie Nicks concert & Leanne Rimes. I am not a real big fan of Ricky Martin's.
I wish Elizabeth Edward's all the best. It did not sound good but she sure is handling it well. They are a awsome couple & I am glad that he is not bowing out of the race.
Kevin! I hope you realize that guy's can get breast cancer also?? Thank You for adding the SK link, for all us gals.
Remember as that birthday rolls closer, you are not getting older, you are getting better. ((HUGS))

9:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And also remember that 40 is the new 25! :-)Be glad you made it this far, because many don't get the opportunity. And last but not least, you're one year closer to getting all those senior discounts! *smile*
xoxo

7:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dropping over to say hi kev. Love your blog:)

ChemImpaired

8:36 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hello :)d, AE and CI!
I have been "out of town" but wanted to say "THANKS" for stopping in! We (that's me and my fictitious staff here) APPRECIATE that you stop in!
Have a GR-EAT week!

9:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter