Monday, February 11, 2008

GR-AMMY!


Who watched the Grammy Awards last night? "Kev" received no less than 7 calls during last night's broadcast (as if I'm an authority on the Grammy's). Okay, two of them were from solicitors who I told, "call back - I'm watching the Grammy's!" Yes, I saw Cher. Yes, I saw Tina. Yes, I saw Cindy Lauper. They all looked stunning. (I also flipped back and forth between "Cold Case Files" and "Forensic Files" so I may have missed some of the show.) My FAVORITE, however, was Carrie Underwood who won two Grammy Awards and looked hotter than ever. I l-o-v-e, love this girl.

Enjoy Carrie's Grammy Award winning song, "Before He Cheats" (wouldn't you love to go "all Britney" on someone's car like that - I still want to scratch "Kev" into someone's/anyone's car - maybe I will do it to my own?).



I can't believe I am going to share what I am about to share (it's shameful really). Whilst hiking on Sunday and discussing the Grammy's with friend "Kitten II," she mentioned that she had seen a show featuring past Grammy Award winners. She relayed that Fleetwood Mac won the Grammy for their "Rumours" album. I corrected her and told her that couldn't be. (I thought the only Grammy Fleetwood Mac had ever won was for Stevie Nicks' "Dreams.") Instead of arguing the point, we agreed to disagree (silently - we didn't actually say that, but instead started pointing out hot guys on the hiking path). (She didn't want to make me mad.) I was so anxious to determine whether "Kitten" was correct or not, I pulled into a FedEx Kinko's on my way home, logged on and Googled the topic... I learned that "Kitten II" was CORRECT! Fleetwood Mac's "Rumours" album won the Grammy Award for "best album" in 1978, at the 20th Annual Grammy Awards. In all fairness, I was only 10 at the time they won the award and I am certain I was probably asleep at the time their award was handed out. ("Dreams," from the "Rumours" album, remains Fleetwood Mac's only #1 hit, which I am certain is what I was thinking of.) I called "Kitten II" and told her I could never speak with her again. She suggested it was "probably best we keep this between ourselves." I think my Fleetwood Mac "super fan" status was JUST revoked. I used to be so good too (I knew all things Stevie Nicks). Anyhoo, I guess it's back to class for me!

Have a GR-EAT week everyone!

Hugs -

"Kev"


9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I found your blog from a search on Stevie Nicks. Some of the pictures you have are nice. I have been a fan since the late 1990's. What is your favorite Fleetwood Mac or Stevie Nicks song?
Kelly : )

12:04 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

First, THANKS for stoppin' in! I love getting comments, especially from new "readers." Isn't Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks GR-EAT! I would like to dedicate the blog to Stevie solely, but think people would stop reading it. It is difficult to choose a favorite song, since many of them are my "favorites." "Stand Back" has great energy - my heart races when I see Stevie perform it live. It is also the first Stevie Nicks song I learned to play on the piano. What is YOUR favorite?
XOXO -

12:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Kev,

Gurl, now you've done it. Kelly has found you and there is someone else to feed your crazy addiction. And of all days to find you, it's on the day you admit your lack of Grammy awareness. Oh well. I knew you had to be flawed.

I'm not a huge Tina Turner fan, but DAMN! she looked fab-u-lous!

10:17 AM  
Blogger Kev said...

Gurl, if anyone knows I am flawed, it would be um, YOU! From reading (I mean preaching from) the Bible at the bus stop to sporting an ascot, to the crazies I dated - you've been here for all of it. (I was telling June about the attic apartment in Glen Ellyn and the "Cherbnobul" "bucket" weirdo just yesterday. I know you haven't forgotten him). Anyhoo, I love most divas (Tina, Cher, etc.) as long as they are nice. I did see Tina in concert 3 times. She puts on a good show. She's retired now. I know EVERYONE seems to LOVE Amy Whinehouse, but I am not quite there yet. I like the rehab song, sure, it's fine - but all those Grammy's? Love ya!

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

love the divas as well. i plan on being in vegas to see cher and maybe even ms. midler. ;-)

have a great monday. p

1:34 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

Hey!
I don't think they will be there at the same time, will they? They are performing at the same venue, which Stevie also performs at. Anyway, let us know if you go to the (a) show!

1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lol. need to make a trip to visit friends. i think they are going to be rotating months for a while if i read correctly. just depends on whose performing when i book my tickets. watch www.spiritair.com for airfare specials. got my tickets to miami for $9 each way. $96 total for two tickets with taxes, etc. ;-)

P

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!! i knew that grammy fact, kev! i can't believe it. i feel somewhat proud, shamefully.

welcome kelly. kevin is very STEVIE mad...i'm more of a fleetwood mac girl, altho i almost named my daughter "rhiannon". "i don't wanna know" is my fave mac song.

xxoo kev...happy vd...

9:48 PM  
Blogger Kev said...

That's AWESOME that you knew that. Sadly, I didn't...
As much as I love Stevie, I am happy with the name you landed on for L'il Kitty. I was behind a "Rhiannon" at Starbucks once (yes, it was California) and the Barista had an awfully hard time writing that on her cup. I had to help him spell it.
Love and miss ya!
Give L'il Kitty and Tiger hugs and kisses for me!

11:03 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

Site Meter